Friday 4 June 2010

Scotland cycle tour photos - June 1987







This was my first visit to Scotland, at the grand age of 25. It was my third cycle tour of any significance, coming after my London ride and a Lakeland tour. I took the train to Glasgow then cycled to Inverary and onto Oban. I took the ferry to Mull and visited the fabled village of Tobermory, made famous by the Wombles childrens TV programme. I then rode the ferry from Tobermory back to the mainland to the tiny settlement of Kilchoan. Truely beautiful and heavenly in the fine weather. Skye was the objective. I also visited Raasay island before making my way back south to eventually pick up the train at Carlisle. I cycled about 500 miles in total. Above is a small collection of my photos.
The cycle used is my Dawes Galaxy. The panniers used were Karrimor Iberian rear and Karrimor Universal front. Accomodation SYHA hostels.






























No comments:

Post a Comment