Saturday 26 June 2010

JOG-LE Burns birthplace, Alloway - 26th June


The birthplace of Robert Burns, poet & Scottish national hero.



The grave of Robert Burns father, William Burns.
The Burns monument, Alloway near Ayr.
Robert Burns birthplace cottage.
I camped last night on a pitch and putt golf course. It was the best camp of the trip. Cut grass and all. This morning I was on the road at 4:30 am to reach Alloway, the birthplace of the great Scottish hero, Robert Burns. I learned that he died at the age of 37 years old.
I will now travel to Troon from where I hope to get the ferry to Northern Ireland. I am hearing great things about Northern Ireland and its interest and beauty.

If you would like to donate to JOG-LE in aid of the 'African Support & Assistance Project' please visit the fund raising web page:

No comments:

Post a Comment