Tuesday 15 June 2010

JOG-LE Off to a flying start




The JOG-LE expedition has begun. I travelled up to North Scotland yesterday by train. On the train I met an excellent fellow Richard Otley. Richard is TA soldier who was returning from camp in the Lake District. He invited me to pitch my tent in the garden of his home in Watten. I met his family and had supper with them.
Today I cycled to John O'Groats where I had photos taken at the famous finger post (see above).
I have fallen in love with the Dawes Karakum, it is the most beautiful bicycle I have ever riden.
Have now cycled 81km.
Tomorrow I push on to the village Tongue 44 miles away.
If anyone would like to sponsor me please visit: www.justgiving.com/JOG-LE-cycling-exped
Thankyou.


1 comment:

  1. look forward to the updates Andrew - keep posting pics when you get chance - don't forget to call in when you reach Northwich (in approx 2 weeks time?).
    Good Luck
    Alan

    ReplyDelete