Saturday 12 June 2010

JOG-LE Just about ready to go for a cycle ride

The bike is ready, the panniers are packed and I am just about set to go for a bit of a cycle ride.
Still a few things more to do though.
On Sunday evenings I go the quiz night at the Holly Bush in Little Leigh, just down the road, and I plan on asking fellow quizzers to sponsor me for the JOG-LE expedition. It will be interesting to gauge the response. If it is a success I think it might be possible to stage similar whip-rounds at venues whilst on the journey itself.
This afternoon my neighbour Anthony, here in Pickmere, kindly made a surprize donation to the charity. Thankyou, it is much appreciated.
I spent this morning touring around town and the general area to leave the JOG-LE poster at various outlets and public noticeboards. From previous hard experience gained on the 'In the Footsteps of T.E. Lawrence' expedition I know that two dimensional appeals for sponsorship are to a large degree ineffectual. The personal touch is better.
I set out from Hartford train station at 8:10am on Monday morning.
Please wish me the best of British luck for what I hope will be a cracking adventure. Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment