Monday 28 June 2010

JOG-LE Takes a Giant leap forward - 28th June

I am in the library at Portrush, Northern Ireland. This has been an excellent day to live. I was up and on the road at 7:30am after the marvellous wild camp in the dunes of Ballycastle. Reached the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge at about 8:30 and had to dally untill the opening at 10:00am. It is looked after by the National Trust. Crossing the rope bridge induces a weird sensation of floating and bouncing.
I then pushed on the seven miles in the direction of the Giant's Causeway. On the way I had the great good fortune to meet a most excellent fellow called IAN CAMPBELL. When I met Ian he was 100 miles into a 300 mile training cycle ride. Its true believe me. He is 64 years old and is recovering from prostate cancer. His plan is to take part in the Race Around Ireland and then go on to cross America in 12 days. A true inspiration to everyone. I am proud to have met him. Ian's webpage can be viewed at: www.teamimpossibledream.com
I reached Giant's Causeway at about noon. It is good to be on a bike because the main way that the National Trust generates money from the Causeway is through the hefty car parking charge. It is a 20 minuet walk down to the Causeway from the tourist visitors centre. As a spectacle the Giant's Causeway does not disappoint the visitor, particularly one who is seeing it for free-. It has some magic about it.
Sadly I cant upload photos here at the public library so followers of the blog will have to wait to see them.

If you would like to donate to JOG-LE in aid of African Support & Assistance Project please visit the fund raising webpage:
www.justgiving.com/JOG-LE-cycling-exped Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment