Sunday 20 June 2010

JOG-LE Reaching for the Skye - 20th June



















I have reached Skye after a dramatic morning. I was on the road at 12:15am, yes really a quarter past twelve. A personal record. I have just cycled 90 kms and there are now 460 kms on the clock. It was real fun cycling through the night. I saw a good number of Red Deer and a creature that I think was an Otter, but Im not sure.

I cooked noodles and chilli con carne on my stove for breakfast.

To reach Kyle of Lochalsh there was one or two serious climbs where I had to get off and push the bike.

In Kyle I picked up a nice present for my dear friend Inna of Minsk as a thankyou for a brilliant idea.

I am now heading to Armadale and then the ferry to Mallaig on the mainland. That will happen tomorrow. Tonight will probably be a wild camp by the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment