Saturday 28 January 2012

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE BICYCLE

Dear Friends,

It is not about the bicycle, though I love my Galaxy bicycle. It is about following dreams. The bicycle is a wonderful tool to that object that I found many years ago. It has, and will, take me to all the corners of the World, God willing. I was 18 when I got my first adult bicycle. 21 when I got the Dawes Galaxy which is fundamentally the same machine I have with me today here in Africa. My first significant cycle was to Chester and back. It began from those small beginnings. I have cycled from Northwich to Manchester and back at least 50 times. A round trip of over 40 miles. I used to cycle to Manchester, go to the theatre, and then cycle home for midnight. I will keep cycling for ever. In the summer I will be heading to Iowa for the World's greatest participant cycling event: RAGBRAI. That is how far a bicycle can take you, if only you desire it enough.

Best Wishes

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment