Saturday 28 January 2012

IN SEARCH OF THOMAS CHOLMONDLEY

Dear Friends,

Tomorrow, God willing, I will set forth for Naivasha in search of Thomas Cholmondley and his ranch. Will see what I find. Thomas is the descendent of Lord Delamere, of Delamere Forest fame. To make faster progress to my horizon objective of reaching Kisumu I must take a matatu in the morning.

Nayharuru is a fine town. I have found an excellent hotel. 1,000 ksh (8 pounds) for B & B. On suite + TV. Restaurant with balcony view on to African life on the street. I had dinner of chicken & chips.

I have now taken 1,200 photos + maybe 20 mins of video footage. Still a lot more work to do. We are only 12 days into the Expedition.

Maybe, God willing, I can reach Nakuru by tomorrow evening to keep me on schedule for Kisumu.

Best Wishes

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment