Thursday 5 January 2012

DESERT ISLAND DISCs - Andy's music

For a time there was the glimmer of an idea that I might appear on a 'Desert Island Disc' style show for Cheshire FM radio. So with this in mind, I made the following selection of music to accompany me on this desert island thus:

1. 'Dont Cry For Me Argentina'. For Argentina read Great Britain. Remember the Falklands.

2. Pavorotti - 'Nessun Dorma'. This is what I was listening to when the grape picking season finally ended in the early autumn of 2009 in the Beaujolais region of France.

3. Chuck Berry - 'Memphis, Tennessee'. One of the greatest songs ever written. If I can only choose one record to take to the island, this would be the one.

4. 'Rule Britania' or 'Land of Hope and Glory'. In honour of the greatest country on the face of the planet.

5. Elvis Presley - 'At the chapel, where people are of one accord'.

6. Amy Winehouse - 'Rehab'. The voice of a Goddess. I found her only after her sad death last year. This song has personal resonations.

7. Dean Martin - 'Napoli'. I have been to and seen Naples two times.

8. The Drifters - 'Saturday Night At The Movies'. I may have seen a thousand movies at the cinema in my time.

BOOK choice beyond The Bible and Shakespear is 'A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush' by Eric Newby.

LUXURY ITEM - Photo album of family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment