Monday 12 July 2010

JOG-LE Reaches Wantage, home town of Alfred the Great - 12th july

Visiting the Witney Conservative Association. I enjoyed tea and a chat with the fine Association workers. They were very hospitable to me and I will long remember my visit. I took away two signed photos of Prime Minister David Cameron, one of which I will see auctioned to raise funds for the 'African Support & Assistance Project'.
Bampton, a perfect Cotswolds village.
Cotswold stone.

Bampton.

Coffee house at Bampton. I stopped to enjoy tea and a tea cake here.


The river Thames.


Unusual village names.




Wantage, home town of King Alfred the Great.

Alfred the Great, Wantage.

Later this afternoon I will be pushing on to the Vale of the White Horse, where I will make a wild camp. Today I broke the 1,000 mile tour barrier. A great day indeed.






























No comments:

Post a Comment