Thursday 15 July 2010

JOG-LE Augustus John, Lawrence Artist - 15th July

Augustus John statue, Fordingbridge, Hampshire.

Statue of Augustus John, Fordingbridge.

Augustus John's studio, Fryencourt, Fordingbridge.

Augustus John's studio, Fryencourt, Fordingbridge.


The road to Wimbourne.

Beautiful house on road to Wimbourne.


House on road to Wimbourne.

I was on the road at 5:00am this morning once again. It is a fine time of day to ride. With so much of the trip behind me I am now starting to be lionised. It is nice. On the road I spoke to a fellow cyclist who said he pans to do JOG-LE next year with his girlfriend. He is a triathlon superman, competing in the true 'ironman' events of a marathon, 100 mile bike ride and a three mile swim. Never in one million years could I contemplate such a thing, I cant swim for a start.

I discovered that the town of Fordingbridge in Hampshire is the home town of Augustus John, T E Lawrence artist supreme. He of the classical sketch of Lawrence which is so famous. I saw John's statue and visited his studio at Fryencourt. The studio is now a private dwelling or such and is build as a block house on two floors. I will post the photos at the next opportunity.

If you would like to donate to JOG-LE in aid of ASAP please visit the fund raising webpage: www.justgiving.com/JOG-LE-cycling-exped Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment