Friday 2 July 2010

JOG-LE Reaches Stormont, Belfast - 2nd July 2010

Approaching the Sperrin mountains.
The Sperrin mountains.

Sperrin mountains.




Reaching Dungannon.

The Loyalists.

'Stonewall' Jackson memorial garden, Birches.

Plaque commemorating 'Stonewall' Jackson.
'Stonewall' Jackson - the Irish link.

Confederate bank notes, Birches.



Belfast.

AW at Stormont, Belfast.

Stormont, home of the Northern Ireland Assembly.

Sir Edward Carson, Stormont.

AW meeting with Stephen Moultray member of the Northern Ireland Assembly for Upper Bann.

AW metting Stephen Moultray at Stormont.
Belfast.

I am settled into the 'Vagabonds Hostel' in central Belfast after another well lived day (£15 for place in the dormatory). I was up and on the road at 5:00 am today for my 11:15 appointment at Stormont with Stephen Moutray DUP member of the Northern Ireland Assembly. In the event my timing was excellent, I arrived at Stormont with 20 minuets to spare. I had a short spell in the cafe waiting for Stephen to arrive. He is rather a tall fellow and I was dwarfed in his presence. We got on very well and there was much to talk about.
Afterwards I went back into central Belfast where I had a sandwich and called at the BBC offices to see if they might be interested in a story about JOG-LE in Northern Ireland. A long shot, I know.















No comments:

Post a Comment