Tuesday 27 July 2010

JOG-LE The Lands End photos - 25th July

The Helford ferry passage. A tiny motor launch which takes you across the Passage on demand for the sum of £4.00 + £2.50 for a bike. While waiting for the ferry to begin I had the world's best ice cream, a chocalate brownie and marshmellow.
The Helford Passage ferry. The ticket and ice cream kiosk is on the right.

On the Lizard Peninsular.
I stopped at a cafe at Lizard Point to have chips + tea + scone.
Lizard Point.

The road to Lands End.
The road to Lands End.
St Micheal's Mount, near Penzance. The tide was in and I could not be bothered to wait three hours to cross the causeway to the island Mount.
Nearing Lands End.
Lands End tourist centre/attraction.
The famous finger post at Lands End. It says 874 miles to John O'Groats, my route was over 1,400 miles.


I paid £9.95 to get access close to the famous Lands End fingerpost and to have my photo taken professionally. I was told that because of my trip charitable aim I would receive two print copies of the photo they took.

After Lands End I headed back the 10 miles to Penzance where I booked my train ticket for the 26th July. I found a marvellous wild camp spot on the edge of town. I pitched my tent on a grassy embankment on a spot hidden by the shade of overhanging trees.
If you would like to donate to JOG-LE in aid of the 'African Support & Assistance Project' please visit the fund raising webpage: www.justgiving.com/JOG-LE-cycling-exped Thankyou
This is not the end of JOG-LE in aid of ASAP. As a charity fundraising exercise it still has some more miles still to go.








































No comments:

Post a Comment