In the summer of 2005 I made a 500 mile bicycle tour of England. The beginning was a flight from Manchester to Southampton on 25th July. My route is indicated on the map above. The highlights of the trip were:
1. New Forest.
2. The Isle of Wight and the Needles Rocks.
3. Portsmouth & HMS Victory.
5. Avebury standing stones.
7. Vale of the White Horse.
8. Bladon & Churchill's grave.
9. Imperial War Museum, Duxford.
11. Kings Lynn and its Custom House.
12. Three day ride from Kings Lynn to home.
The Needles, Isle of Wight.
Portsmouth Naval Yard.
The Spinaker Tower, Portsmouth.
Leaflet: Dickens birthplace (Double click to enlarge for reading).
Avebury standing stones.