Friday 24 September 2010

STEELWORK DETAIL DRAFTSMAN - 1978 - 2001

If anyone is curious to know, my former 'career' was lived out in the construction steel industry where I worked as a detail draughtsman from 1978 to 2001. We would draw the components of steelframed building. My first job was as a trainee draughtsman with a company called Joseph Parks & Son Ltd in Northwich. I was made redundant in 1984 when the company closed. There after untill 1996 I worked on a self employed basis with a company called Derron Engineering. From 1997 to 2001 and one I worked in Warrington for MDM Design & Management on the premises of Warrington Fabrications Ltd. That was the end of my time as a draughtsman. Since I have been a student and an amateur traveller and adventurer. As a student I have studied computer applications, business studies and recently social sciences. In steel had some smaller side clients and for them I was able to draw my details free hand. The above drawing of a roof rafter is an example of the kind of work I did.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your freehand draw. Is it possible to see some more? Italian steel designer

    ReplyDelete