Sunday 12 September 2010

GOING HOME - A good day - 12th September 2010

Today I am glad to be going home to dear old England after a pretty dismal trip. I never really found my feet. It has reinforced my view that Europe has become out of my league. I can barely think of a thing I want to do here. In Europe I feel a pauper and out of place due to the wretched Micky Mouse money that is the Euro. I pine for the old days. Also the Matterhorn was beyond my ideas, more for rich people who can throw money at it, and the young. The grape picking was beyond me due to the un-expectedly late start of the harvest, 13th September. I can take only successes of making rendezvous'es with some former grape comrades. In particular I met M. M, an object of my thoughts for one year. All to nothing though. I will keep on writing but those words from the film spring once more to my mind: "For some men there is only the desert.".

Ive got a few pictures to post from the trip when I get home. See you there.

1 comment:

  1. Dougal Wilson-Croome12 September 2010 at 22:49

    Andrew, it sounds as if you've been having a tough time. For some reason, your post reminded me of a poem I'm sure you know:

    When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
    When the funds are low, and the debts are high;
    And you want to smile but you have to sigh;
    When care is pressing you down a bit -
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
    Success is failure turned inside out;
    The silver line of the clouds of doubt;
    And you can never tell how close you are;
    It may be near when it seems afar.
    So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
    It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

    There are happier times just around the corner. You have achieved so much, particularly this year; your life is a real inspiration! Keep smiling and have a safe journey back.

    Very best wishes.

    Dougal

    ReplyDelete