Tuesday 28 September 2010

At The University of Chester

Room 120 computer suit at Kingsway Building where we worked to day.

I am going through freshers week at the University of Chester. It is unlikely I will survive for long. The going is tough for me and I will try all I can to survive each day. As long as I try my best and tap into all avenues of personal and character strengths to survive another day I hope to have no regrets. In journalism today I discovered quite clearly that I am the grandfather of the class. Older than any one else by 19 years. I will do my best to fit. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Dougal Wilson-Croome28 September 2010 at 19:41

    You'll survive! It's tough to go back to studying, particularly with young people, but us oldies have a wealth of experience and you have more than most. And if you think you're old, then think of me; I start at Bristol University next week and I'm 55 (not quite a free bus pass but close). I am avoiding Fresher's Week so as not to feel too geriatric :-) and taking the course for what it can give me. Journalism sounds a great course and I'm sure you'll love it. Give it a fair crack and see how it goes. You've been through a rough patch; don't let it colour things too much... time will make things seem different. I think you'll be fine Andrew. It is just another of your wonderful adventures and I look forward to reading all about it.
    Onwards!

    ReplyDelete