Thursday 27 May 2010

Heart of Scotland 100

I am off to Scotland tomorrow, friday the 28th May 2010, to take part in the Heart of Scotland 100. The 100 is a long distance challenge walk run by the LDWA. It is called the 100 but in fact the route will be 104.5 miles to be completed within 48 hours. It is very unlikely that I will finish but I will give it a go and see how far I get. This is the fifth time I've been on a hundred and I've only finished once. That was the Shropshire 100, way back in 1995. Last year at the Wessex 100 I got close, I had to retire exhausted at 94 miles. I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces from previous years and maybe getting to know new people too. There is a great spirit on the 100. Anyway, it will be tough and a bit grim some of the time. So wish me luck!
See the walk website: www.heartofscotland100.org.uk

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the 100 Andrew. Let's have an update here with a photo. OK?
    Alan

    ReplyDelete